Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Family Culture

If I had to choose three items that would remind me of my family culture I would have to think about the three items that we hold the most close. 


The first item would be a miniature version of the American flag that was given to my family when my grandfather passed. 


The next item I would would choose would be a collage of my family members. There isn't anything most important than family and what better way to remember them when their away than to look at pictures of your happy times. 

With everyday that goes by I wear a remembrance of my late grandfather. My final item would be my urn charm with his ashes inside. 
If once I arrived at the destination I was told I could only keep one item I would choose my collage of pictures of family. if I could not keep all of items that mean the most I would rather see the images of the great times shared. 


I have learned this week to spend more time with my family because I never know when I will lose that opportunity for any reason. I have also learned to appreciate the items I have that help to remind me of those I have already lost. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    Thanking you for sharing your most valuable treasures. It is nice to see that your family collage is the item you would chose to keep because family pictures are most important to me as well. I am dedicated to loving my family and I get the same feeling from you. Your other items are very sentimental as well and your grandfather was a true hero and his service will always be remembered. The items you choose are very close to your heart and I appreciate your honesty and you’re ability to share with all of your classmates. Great post and have a wonderful week!

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    It sounds like you had a very special relationship with your grandfather. It would be so sad if you were forced to give up the two items you chose that are representations of him. Choosing a collage where you can actually see your family members makes sense, it certainly would allow you to see the faces of those closest to you, and perhaps they could help you in preserving some of your family culture as well. Thanks for the post!

    Best,
    Parker

    ReplyDelete