Sunday, September 22, 2013

Perspectives on Diversity and Culture

When I was deciding on the three people to choose to ask this week's discussion questions to I wanted to make sure the answers I received would in some way be different from the person I previously asked. 


  • 3rd Grade teacher is Alief isd:

"Culture is way we life our lives. It is the traditions we have and the ways we as people choose to raise our children and the morals and values we choose to instill in them."

"Diversity is the change and differences we see from the outside looking in. Diversity is what we view in others that is abnormal from our everyday life."


  • State wide truck driver: 
"Culture is in which the way the society sets each race into groups. Culture is the way we are raised and the way we choose to raise our children."

"Diversity is the differences in which we are share that make us separate from everyone else."        


  • Full time college student (Junior)
"Culture is the characteristics in which makes us who we are, in a way it is like asking what is our race."

"Diversity is the ways that makes you different from the rest."


During this process of course I never expressed the notion of what was a right and wrong answer but instead I wanted to present the question as what was the first thing that pops into your head when asked this question.

The aspect of culture being traditions and ways of living are some examples of ways I have studied about culture during this course. This week asking others outside of this course who are not studying and thinking of these topics every week as myself was very interesting. To be able to get what I like to call a random point of view sometimes is more appealing than those I receive in a course with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment