Saturday, April 6, 2013

Research Around The World





"Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for future." JFK

Since the beginning of my journey in this Masters program I have tried to keep my focus in an area internationally that in some way is related my life or those within it. From the beginning I have been studying different areas in Africa, specially in the Ghana surrounding areas. 

A few of the research topics that caught my attention were:
       "The development of an integrated Early Childhood Development Urban Model Training Program for Informal Minders and Community Volunteers in Ghana"
      " The Status of Coordination and Supervision of Early Childhood Education in Ghana"
      "Parents' and Caregivers' Perception of Early Childhood Development Needs and Quality: A Study of the PLAN- Assisted Programmes in Bawjiase, Ghana"

Something I have learned within this education field is no matter what part of the world you are in their is always someone else reaching out to resources in your nation to make theirs better. The ECDVU in SAA "is committed to improving the quality of life for children and their families in Africa. This program seeks to accomplish this through working, on a sustained basis, with ECD leaders from across the continent."

While looking through this website I found multiple journals I would like to look deeper into and possible apply them to my professional life. 


2 comments:

  1. Lauren,

    I've always had a passion for Ghana too. I actually went there several years ago and fell in love with the country. It was only natural that I would pick the ECDVU website too. However, like we have learned in our resources, we had two different views on this website. There are people out there wanting to make early childhood education better, not just within their own country. It puts a bit of comfort into my heart to know that I am not alone. I didn't catch the journals. I'll have to go back and look again. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    This sounds like a great site, because we live in a global economy I feel it is so important to stay connected to our world, and what better way to do that then through children. I look forward to investigating the journals you spoke of .
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete