Saturday, March 23, 2013

Uplifting Stories

Children are our world and our future and if I had to choose any topic to research on it would be:
"Would the health and happiness of a child if parents were more involved?"

Even though there are plenty of researches on this topic I believe that I would conduct this and try to accomplish a better outcome. I know that I would conduct my research for an extensive period of time to where I would be able to see the beginning middle and ending results to the research. Some researches are done with a short time span on them and the results they may be seeking are possible but were not even enough time to see through.

Every parent wants to be the best parent they can. They want their children to love and care for them and know they love and will do anything within their power for them. I just believe some parents do not know how to "be a parent". I believe with this research it will bring parents and children closer together and the outcomes of the research will be positive. 

4 comments:

  1. This topic is very interesting. Some parents believe that buying for their children is the key opponent for being a great parent. However, I believe the things that are priceless exceeds the rest; for example, spending time with their children, building a child's character and personality, instilling skills to boost their self-esteem and confidence, etc. Parents need to understand that their time is needed in order for a child to develop a sense of who they are and will become in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,

    I also believe that parents always want the best for the children but need help to get there. Your research project could help a lot of critism that I har in the field. Whenever something goes wrong with a child, many are so quickly to blame their parent(s). Your research project could prove if this is true or not. Over an extended time period would give all an in-depth look into knwoing exactly what is important for parents with child bearing. Many parents don't know and soemtimes as professionals, we don't know either!

    Victoria Leming

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your research topic. I think that this topic will always have space to grow and improve findings, especially how parents are a key in their child's development, health, and even happiness. This is a great topic for research, and as you mentioned, is one that requires time and effort. The use of a quantitative research would be the most appropriate, considering the time needed to educate parents of the whole research process, and engage them in the education of their children. What key components are necessary to raise children in a healthy and happy environment? What are parents’ most important role? Research is one way to answer to some of these questions.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to agree with you that not all parents know how to be the best parent. I learn something new everyday and my children are teenagers and one is about to graduate from high school. I think that this a very good research topic and it can help a lot of parents. This topic can cover a lot of things with emotional support alone. the support that recieve at home refects in everything that they do.

    Some things to consider on that topic is what is the best parent? Who decides what is best for your child? Who can i trust to help?

    ReplyDelete