Saturday, March 2, 2013

3 Consequences


As we have been studying these last 7 weeks I have used the UNICEF.org website on multiple occasions. On Friday March 1 they did a special on Good Morning Texas. Even though I know this segment informed those who watched the segment but watching this just made me feel amazing to know that this organization is getting out and informing those right here in Texas. I wish I would of had the opportunity to go to the location and watch this live. 


Consequences 

My first consequence of learning internationally is that no matter where you go and the information you receive, educators and those who work closely with children only want what is best for them. Most of our hopes and dreams for ourselves fall into the success of the children we come encounter with. 

My next learning area was the different web sites that I researched and used to incorporate a better program in my school. I plan to continue to refer to these programs and hopefully  be able to take some time and volunteer for one of their internships during my grad school career. 

My final learning area is to start to apply what I am learning in my courses to improve in my current position. I choose my field of study based on what I wanted to pursue in the future and with the help of this course I have discovered the most important factors in running a high quality program. 

2 comments:

  1. I liked all of the consequences you wrote about. You are right - those who are invested in the field of early childhood education (either inside or outside of the field) do generally have the desire to do what's best for children. It's amazing to read through about the different consequences we have all learned. While they are each different they all seem to revolve around wanting what's best for children and early childhood education. Best of luck to your future career!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    I share the same goals for children, as you stated, we want for all children what we know what is best for them. We have learned during this course so many negative aspects that trigger to the healthy development of these same children. I am glad for all the resources we have in this field, to help us shape our knowledge to continue doing what we do best, teaching our children, families, and community to use their strengths in all they do. We all have consequences in life, we hoping they are all positive, as we continue in our path in this field. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete