Saturday, July 7, 2012

Week 2 blog assignments

Famous Children's Quote

"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." Lady Bird Johnson 

Title of favorite children's book

Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

I love this book because my grandfather read it to me every night for 10 years until he passed. It is a really soft bed time story that always put me at ease. 


My God-daughter and I at my Great Grandparents 93 and 94 birthday!!!! She didn't want to smile for the camera. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    Enjoyed the quote by Lady Bird Johnson. I think that is so true for children, as well as, adults.

    "Goodnight Moon" is such a sweet book. What a wonderful, loving family tradition you have created. Keep sharing it with your beautiful God-daughter. Something she will always treasure.

    Cindy Rube

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,

    What a great tradition to have and show the love of reading. My mother also read me the same book for years to help me fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren-
    Love the quote from Lady Bird Johnson. It is for this reason that we have to be so careful in what we say to youngsters.

    What special memories you have around "Goodnight Moon". I like the simple text and repetition for very young children. A fun book that I found is "Goodnight Opus" by Berkeley Breathed, who created the Bloom County comic strip. The book begins with Opus listening to Goodnight Moon but when his granny falls asleep he "departs from the text" and has an adventure wishing all kinds of things Goodnight.

    ReplyDelete